Dr. Hoontrakoon’s Favorite Hot Chocolate
About 2 1/2 cups oat milk
Cane sugar in the amount that would make you happy.
1 100-gram bar (3 ½ ounces) dark bittersweet chocolate with at least 70% cocoa, chopped into small pieces.
¼ cup cocoa powder loosely packed
- In a 2-quart saucepan, stir together the oat milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the chopped chocolate and the cocoa powder and bring to a boil again, whisking until the chocolate and cocoa are dissolved and the mixture has thickened. Reduce the heat to very low.
- Blend for five minutes with an immersion mixer or whirl the hot chocolate in a standard blender for a half minute, until thick and foamy.
Note: Hot chocolate can be made a day ahead, then reheated and re-frothed just before consumption
Sofia’s Danish Glogg
Very fancy drink from Denmark, Sofia’s birth place. Complicated recipe, but worth it. Please follow the link below.
Meredith’s Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate
- Whisk together 2 table spoons of milk, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons of candy cane pieces in a small sauce pan on low to medium heat until all melted
- Whisk in about 3/4 cup of milk
- Stir in 1/2 cup of brewed coffee
- Pour and top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup
Kali’s Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate
- Brew your coffee
- Mix in your milk along with the peppermint and chocolate syrup to your ideal flavor
Becky’s Hot Toddy
A cinnamon stick
Whiskey/bourbon of choice
- Heat a kettle of water. Prep your glass of choice.
- While the kettle heats, cut the lemon in half. Cut off a slice for garnish
- Stab about 4-5 whole cloves into the lemon slice
- Once water has heated, place about one tablespoon of honey in the glass.
- Pour a bit of hot water into the bottom of the glass to dissolve the honey. Mix that up.
- Once honey is dissolved, add whiskey/bourbon. Use your heart to measure this
- Squeeze half a lemon into the glass. Top with hot water
- Add whole cinnamon stick and lemon wheel with cloves
- Best enjoyed with multiple blankets, a furry friend, and comfort TV.